Basketball Season Reminders and Meeting Follow Up Items
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend our basketball tip off meeting.
Below is some follow up information:
1) Be a member in good standing with an approved association.
- To register with the MDAO, submit a completed registration form with dues. Registration form can be found here: Registration Form
- Attend at least two meetings. If you have conflicts please notify us at: email@example.com
2) Turn in your schedule for tournament consideration form by December 1.
- Schedule forms can be found on the MHSAA website here: Boys & Girls
- You must complete a separate schedule for both boys and girls basketball
3) Attend in person or view the online rules meeting by December 12.
- Access to the online rules meeting is granted by logging onto your MyMHSAA account
- You can also review your completion status here as well
4) Complete the online basketball rules exam by December 12.
- To be eligible for Quarterfinals and above you must pass with a score of 80% or better.
- A pdf of the test for review can be found by clicking here, but to be valid you must log into the MHSAA officials website and complete it.
- The test must be completed through your MyMHSAA account page. The pdf version is only so you can review the questions first. The answers are usually rearranged between the two versions.
- We strongly encourage all officials of everyone level to complete the exam as it’s an excellent learning tool.
5) If you have a Facebook account, please consider following/liking:
- Our Metro Detroit Athletic Officials page for reminders and updates
- The MHSAA Basketball Group that is the official basketball training page for the MHSAA. It’s very active with videos, rules review and peer discussions.
6) The MHSAA regularly publishes sports specific bulletins during the season.
- These bulletins and other links above can be accessed by going to www.mhsaa.com clicking the following links: Officials>Sports-Specific Content>Basketball
Don’t forget the upcoming scrimmages/trainings and our next meeting!
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Program: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Northville High School 45700 Six Mile Rd, Northville, MI 48168
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Detroit Country Day 22305 W 13 Mile Rd, Beverly Hills, MI 48025
Registration: Contact Bob Czech firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday December 16th at 6:30pm
Birmingham Groves High School
20500 W 13 Mile Rd Beverly Hills MI 48025
We will be in the little theater on the west side of the school off of 13 Mile!
If you have conflicts attending at least two meetings in the sport(s) you officiate, please email us at: email@example.com
Look forward to seeing you there!
More information including association registration forms at:
Metro Detroit Athletic Officials