- CREW CHIEFS! – Review the MHSAA website ASAP to make sure members of your crew are part of an approved association. This was just updated last night. We have over 75 people who were registered with us last year for football, but are not currently registered with us. We want to make sure no is missed! Email us at email@example.com if you believe they should be a member of the MDAO and they’re aren’t listed as a MIGS.
- The 2019-20 football exam for post-season consideration is due by the end of the day Thursday September 12. It is available for viewing as a pdf at: https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/documents/officials/fb%20exam.pdf but it must be completed online at your MyMHSAA > Official Services > Exams. Don’t wait till the last minute. This date for the exam is non-negotiable with the MHSAA!
- If you have not yet completed the 2019-20 football RULES meeting, it is also due by the end of the day Thursday September 12. Don’t wait till the last minute. This date for the meeting is also non-negotiable with the MHSAA!
- If you are a crew chief looking to get connected with new officials or are a new official looking to get connected with a crew, please contact the MDAO Recruiting and Mentoring Coordinator Shane Bies at 248-766-4083 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a member of the MDAO and don’t have access to Hudl, email Bob Foss at email@example.com
- Ask coaches and the AD to share game video via one-way exchange to Mifootball Training
Our next football meeting is scheduled for:
TUESDAY October 8 at 6:30pm
Birmingham Groves High School
(We’ll be in the little theater. Enter on the west side of the school.)
If you have conflicts attending at least two meetings in the sport(s) you officiate, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for all your hard work and we look forward to working with everyone this upcoming year.
Metro Detroit Athletic Officials